Digital Logistics Market Insights and Growth
Digital logistics refers to the digitizing and automating procedures related to product movement. Any logistical activity that depends on pen and paper and repetitive manual work has the potential to be digitise and automatic. This is where digital logistics come into play. According to NITI Aayog, the Government of India prioritized IoT, A.I., and Big Data in 2019 to revolutionize the country’s supply chain and logistics business, spending 100 crores in Indian Rupees in the area, which is fuelling the country’s overall demand for digital logistics.
The global digital logistics market worth $18.10 billion in 2021 and is anticipate to be worth $77.52 billion in 2030, with a CAGR of 17.54% from 2021 to 2030. North America dominate the industry in 2020 and is expect to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period of 2021-2030.
Digital logistics market dynamics
- Over the previous decade, the introduction of online purchasing and an increasing number of Internet users boosted the e-commerce business explosive growth. Because of the rapid growth of e-commerce companies operating in the logistics space, they need to operate more quickly and efficiently to meet small individual demands.
- According to a 2020 poll, the transportation services market is influence three industries: manufacturing (81%), wholesale (81%), and retail (80%). Transportation and logistics e-marketplaces have sprung up with great success in specific industries. Startups in the freight, parcel, or last-mile delivery space have evolved into various platforms that gather access to shippers and carriers.
- The e-commerce company is motivate by transparency, pricing, convenience, delivery speed, and attractive continuous returns. New business models must be flourish to meet the demand by digitizing logistics operations and automating material handling, warehouse management, and distribution management systems.
The most significant obstacle to the widespread adoption of digital logistics is a lack of governance. The high level of fragmentation in the logistics industry requires the development of a logistics Internet of Things standard. Shipping and logistics companies worldwide are focusing on increasing supply chain efficiency to achieve and maintain viability and profitability.
Self-driving cars have grown in importance in the logistics industry in recent years, as they have been increasingly utilize in heavily control areas such as warehouses and yards. On the other hand, self-driving vehicles may be the industry’s next big step forward, helping to streamline logistical operations and improve safety when deployed in public and shared spaces such as city streets and highways. According to TechCrunch, over 80 businesses tested over 1,400 self-driving cars, trucks, and other vehicles in 36 states and Washington, DC, in 2018.
Segmentation of the digital logistics market
The digital logistics market is segments on the basis of solution, deployment, application, and region
- Based on the solution, the digital logistics market is segments into information integration systems, fleet management systems, electronic data interchange systems, database management systems, order management systems, and tracking and monitoring systems.
- Based on deployment, the market is segments into cloud and on-premises.
- Based on application, the digital logistics market is segments into warehouse management, labor management, and transport management.
- Based on industry verticals, the market is segments into banking, financial services and insurance, aerospace & defense, healthcare, public sector, I.T. & telecom, and retail.
- The region’s market is segments into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Digital logistics market competitive landscape analysis
The majority of organizations are adopting digital logistics systems to keep themselves updated with time and to be flexible and competitive in the market.
Key players involved in the digital logistics market are:
- Cloud Logistics
- HCL Technologies
- Blue Yonder
- Ramco Systems
- ICAT Logistics
- Samsung SDS
To better serve their customers, businesses are enthusiastically adopting digital logistics solutions for their day-to-day logistics and supply chain operations. The demand for cost-effective logistics and supply chain solutions across various industry verticals is driving the rapid growth of the digital logistics market. The rising customer expectation, combined with cost-cutting measures, will have a significant impact on the future of the digital logistics market.